Link2Life delivers the Red Cross Babysitting course. Basic first aid and caregiving skills are taught to young individuals interested in providing babysitting for their family or community. Course run time is eight hours.
Who should take this course?
This comprehensive course is designed for youth who are 11-14 years old. 10 year olds may take the course if they have finished grade 5.
What will I learn?
The goal is to provide training on how to prevent and respond to emergencies, how to care for children at different developmental stages, and how to promote/market oneself as a babysitter to prospective clients. Course content includes:
– Caring for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and school-aged children
– Creating a safe environment
– When to call 9-1-1
– Basic First Aid and CPR skills
– The business of babysitting
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 11 years of age minimum (or completion of grade 5)
The course provides the following materials:
– Red Cross Babysitting Manual
– Babysitter Wall Certificate
– All of our Red Cross Babysitting courses are taught by experienced instructors. Youth will be supervised at all times and will not be allowed to go off-site at any point throughout the day without the supervision of their guardian.
Please email us to book a Babysitting course for your group: firstname.lastname@example.org