The class will cover CPR, obstructed airway procedures, and artificial respiration for adults, children and infants. The Automated External Defibrillator and Bag Valve Mask are also used in simulations. You will practice working in a team as you would in a hospital environment, performing pulse checks, artificial respiration and using equipment used in a health care environment.
Link2Life mask fit testing is conducted in compliance with occupational health and safety codes, and in accordance with CSA standards, and includes:
- Respirator selection
- Respirator limitations
- Sensitivity test and fit test
- Donning/doffing and user seal checks
- Storage and maintenance instructions
- Cartridge dating, change frequency and limitations.
Upon successful completion, you receive a certificate of completion valid for one year.
Annual retesting is mandatory for most organizations, to ensure the seal remains effective.
Before coming in for a mask fit test, please ensure you:
- Do not eat or drink (except for water) at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment. This includes chewing gum
- Do not smoke within 15 minutes of your appointment
- Remove any facial hair that comes between the seal of the mask and your skin, as per CSA Standard Z94. 4-11. Please shave before your test!
- Contact us with any criteria or restrictions your school may have regarding mask selection.
Link2Life: 2378 Alberta Street, Vancouver
Payment can be made securely with your credit card upon submitting this registration form. Please be advised that while we have a no refund policy, we would be happy to help you reschedule given 24 hours notice.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Debra, 604 428 1870 or email@example.com