Link2Life quantitative respiratory mask fit testing uses the AccuFIT 9000 to ensure a tight, effective and customized fit for your face, to protect you from airborne contaminants. Quantitative mask fit testing can be done for any respirator or mask but is mandatory of masks with a fit factor greater than 100. Quantitative fit testing is ideal for candidates who do not taste the sensitivity solution used in a qualitative fit test, who are allergic, claustrophobic or who want a less subjective, more controlled test. This test uses sensors instead of taste to compare room air to the air inside the respirator to give you a very accurate measurement of your mask fit.
Mask fit testing is mandatory for many school and workplace admissions, including Health Science and Nursing programs in the Lower Mainland, and is a WorkSafe BC requirement for any worker who might need to wear respiratory protection at work.
Respirators we test:
- Disposable respirators like the N95 mask
- Half face silicon masks with filters (3M 5000, 6000, 7000 and 7500 half masks, Honeywell/North with N-Series cartridges, series 550, 770, RU8500, RU8800 Half Mask and Series 5400, RU6500, 7600)
- Full face respirators (3M 7800, North/Honeywell 7800)
Link2Life quantitative mask fit testing is conducted in compliance with occupational health and safety codes, and in accordance with CSA standards, and includes:
- Fit test using the AccuFit 9000
- Respirator selection
- Respirator limitations
- Donning/doffing and user seal checks
- Storage and maintenance instructions
- Cartridge dating, change frequency and limitations.
Upon successful completion, you receive a certificate of completion which will be valid for one year if tested for WorkSafe BC requirements or 2 years if testing for federal requirements.
Before coming in for a mask fit test, please ensure you:
- Do not smoke within 30 minutes of your appointment
- Remove any facial hair that comes between the seal of the mask and your skin, as per CSA Standard Z94. 4-11. Please shave before your test!
- Contact us with any criteria or restrictions your school may have regarding mask selection.