Link2Life delivers the Red Cross Stay Safe! program, which teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Course runtime is 5-6 hours.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for youth aged 9-11, but is also appropriate for 12 and 13 year olds. We recommend this course for:
- Private and public schools
- Pro-D day groups
- Girl Guides
- Friend groups
What will I learn?
The goal is to provide participants with the tools to respond to challenges when at home alone, with a focus on the importance of responsibility and respect, while being accountable to themselves. Additional topics include:
– Importance of setting and following rules when staying on your own
– How to stay safe at home and in the community
– How to prepare, recognize, and respond to unexpected situations
– Basic first aid content, including calling 911
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 9 years of age minimum (or have completed grade 3).
The course provides the following materials:
– Stay Safe! Workbook
– All of our Red Cross courses are taught by experienced instructors. Youth will be supervised at all times and will not be allowed to go off-site at any point throughout the day without the supervision of their guardian.
Please email us to book a Stay Safe! course for your group: email@example.com